Yep, we’re still quarantining! It’s been 3 weeks now! Eeeek!!!
If you’re anything like us, it’s getting tougher and tougher to find things to do AND make sure our self care is still happening! For many, the crisis is taking even more out of us as we become teachers to the children, trying to figure out our next move and getting a hold of finances. Well, here are some things that we can all do ( EVEN MEN) to ensure we are giving our bodies and minds the balance that they so desperately need right now.
1. Take time literally to yourself! We may be stuck in the house together, but find time to go to another room. Go for a walk ALONE (take your dog or walking stick with you). I know it sounds selfish, but you need this time. Time to collect your thoughts, clear your mind and gain perspective. Schedule it with your spouse/significant other if you need too. If you’re a single parent, let the kids know that YOU need this time. Lock yourself in the bathroom and journal if needed. If you live alone, step away from the TV and go into another space in your home.
2. Keep your immune system strong. It’s been so easy to keep running to the pantry for snacks. Look up some cool juicing videos on YouTube or find some immune boosting recipes to integrate into family meals. I’ve been drinking a tea concoction that I made up: echinacea tea, detox tea, apple cider vinegar, fresh lemon and honey. It’s soo good!
3. Sunrise meditation. I’ve been personally doing this for many months now and it truly helps to “center me” and equip my soul for the day. It’s something about doing this as the day begins that gives me the ability to be optimistic and have faith. Use this time to repeat your favorite affirmations, focus on scriptures, or listen to calming music while sipping on a cup of tea. And the beauty of this is that you can do it before everyone else wakes up 😊
4. Connect with others. Technology gives us the ability to stay connected visually as well. FaceTime, Zoom calls, Skype, Snapchat and more are right at our fingertips! Not into all of the technology? A phone call is always great! 😊 Use them! It makes a world of difference. As human beings we were born to have connection with others.
5. Spend time on your grooming routine. With nail salons and barbers shops closed, it’s been quite difficult, right? Gentlemen, spend extra time on your beards. (P.S we’ve got an amazing beard oil to help you with that!). Ladies, our body scrubs make amazing foot scrubs to keep your feet exfoliated and soft. When we look good we feel good! Missing the hair salon? Deep condition your hair! There are soooo many videos on YouTube to create all natural hair conditioners to keep your hair healthy. The point is that no matter how we don’t want to admit it, our appearance plays a huge role in how we feel about ourselves and what we project to others.
Don’t give up on your self care. Self care is doing whatever fills you up! Times are indeed tough right now. Continuing to be our best (mind, body and soul) can help us stay optimistic and keep us as positive as possible during this time. If you have other great ideas, drop them in the comments!
Wishing you all safe and healthy times ahead! 😊💜
That tea concoction sounds good!
I love the sunrise meditation idea!!