We're mid-way through summer...how's your skin holding up?
When we think of summer we think of laying out and getting a tan, enjoying long days at the park with family, laying out by the pool or enjoying a good ole barbeque.
Those hours in the sun can be brutal on the skin. Getting that beautiful bronze skin is awesome, but be sure you are doing all you can to protect it. Summer may require you to "switch up" some things you've been doing.
Here's a short list just to keep you focused
- Exfoliate...we talk about this all the time, because it one of the pillars to having great skin
- Be sure to use sunscreen even on the "cloudy" summer days. That's when it affects you most. Be sure to reapply every 2 hours or so.
- Hydrate! We definitely need our 8-10 glasses during the summer. Carry a bottle with you too! Your skin will be looking divine!
- Less is more when it comes to wearing makeup during the summer months. if you normally wear foundation, perhaps wear a "lighter" type.
- And don't forget about your feet. Keep a scrub and file in your bath area and use them a couple times a week. (P.S. Our body scrub also works well on your feet too!) Keep your feet and toes sandal ready
Summer is definitely our favorite time of the year so sharing these tips & reminders are always great! Wishing you all a great second half of summer.
Drop a comment below to let us know what you think and share any tips that you may have too!